History of the Morrison County Fair
An Agricultural Society was organized in Little Falls in 1883. There is no explanation as to why this was done. In 1894, Little Falls had its first Market Day for farmers to bring their produce into town and to display it on the sidewalks. A Little Falls Street Fair was held in 1906, 1908, 1909 and 1910. A newspaper article states that premiums were paid to exhibitors by the MN Department of Agriculture at these Street Fairs.
In July of 1911, the people of Little Falls filed Articles of Incorporation for the Morrison County Agricultural Society. In 1913 the Morrison County Agricultural Society at Little Falls bought 14 acres in SE Little Falls(what is now known as the Courtyard Apartments) and started building a fairgrounds. The fairgrounds was located there for the next seventy-eight years. 1991 was the last year a fair was held on those grounds.
In 1992, the Morrison County Agricultural Society purchased the land NE of Little Falls on County Road #43 or what is now called Hawthorn Road. The new fairgrounds was very sandy with no buildings, paved roads or grass. In 1993, the process of slowly building the fairgrounds with grass, paved walkways, a grandstand and various buildings began. This building process is still going on today.